Filmulator is a raw photo editing application with library management focusing on
- Simplicity over flexibility
- Ease of learning
- Streamlined workflow
Filmulator accepts raw files from cameras and simulates the development of film as if exposed to the same light as the camera's sensor. This brings about several benefits:
- Large bright regions become darker, compressing the output dynamic range.
- Small bright regions make their surroundings darker, enhancing local contrast.
- In bright regions, saturation is enhanced, helping retain color in bright skies, brighter skin tones, and sunsets.
- In extremely saturated regions, the brightness is attenuated, helping retain detail e.g. in flowers.
If you're familiar with film development techniques, this is what you get from stand development, except with color too.
This film simulation helps users achieve great results with less effort.
See examples of the benefits of Filmulator at our comparison page.